Saturday, January 8, 2011

Welcome To My Nightmare


Hi - I'm K, as in Kay, as in Kathryn. I started smoking when I was 14, Kools I swiped from my mom's flowered china cigarette box. Over the years, that's grown to a two-pack a day habit and contributed to a heart attack at 54 and a nasty cough.
I started quitting when I was 35. Over the years, that's contributed to a diminished sense of accomplishment and self-worth, as I failed time after time. I suspect my family, although they truly love me, view me in the same terms that they might a raging alcoholic.
This year, I want it to be for real - I want to quit for the LAST time. This blog is my journal, a means of using my art and writing to keep my hands busy, my sense of humor intact, and me on the path toward my goal. I plan to be honest, reporting setbacks as well as successes, and I hope to keep finding the humor in it.
The picture above isn't what I look like on the outside. I'm not that slim (I'm more of a whale than a mermaid) and not that young anymore. But it's the me that lives on my inside. And the animals are real, just as they are. I have two rescue dogs - a cocker spaniel named Lady, and a PBGV named Henri. Right now, my grandpets - Chapters the ginger cat and Bastian the Wonder Poodle, are staying with us too. I have a husband, who I've never successfully drawn, and a grown-up daughter, The Princess, who suggested I try this, and who will undoubtedly appear later.
I've never had a blog before, but I have worked as a free-lance writer most of my adult life, and I'm willing to give it a try. If my journal helps you meet your goal, too,for a day, or just lets you know you're not alone or makes you smile once in a while, I'm happy.
And now, I'm going to push "publish post".

No comments:

Post a Comment